New-to-Fate players make Modernity games awesome and fun to run!
I had the pleasure of introducing a new table of players to the system tonight, and they’ve come up with a fantastic game for themselves to play. All their ideas.
- There is a rift in the veil widening in Houston.
- There is a burgeoning necromancer in town capitalizing upon the rift and exacerbating it.
- The heroes now include:
- A ghost of uncertain provenance and problematically inconsistent corporeality
- An occult warrior for social justice (and unrepentant yarn-bomber)
- A full punk, natural born technomancer
- An earth guardian spirit born of rage against unrestricted fracking
- A teenage medium (think “occult Nancy Drew”)
For an all female cast, the Phase Trio got particularly graphic and naughty. In just the three phases of character creation, the players imagined:
- Canopic jars that act as occult power sources (batteries or generators) when filled with fresh organs.
- A monster that escalated from its original pattern of subsisting upon the terror of its dying victims to thriving on the terror of an entire neighborhood when it began returning the body parts of its victims to their loved ones.
And those two were just for starters… Based on the aspects that they’ve imagined for themselves, there will be blood every night! (Having more than one nurse in the group may be an aggravating factor in the splatter department. =)
Stay tuned. Part 2 comes next Tuesday. We’ll see how our heroines fair against “real” story opposition.